Xidcorp Limited - Privacy Statement
Privacy is paramount to Xidcorp Limited (“Xidcorp”), and it is important that you understand the purposes for which we collect, use and sometimes disclose your personal information.
"Personal Information" constitutes information about an identifiable individual, which includes but may not be limited to an individual’s name, home address and phone number, age, sex, marital or family status, an identifying number, date of birth, financial information, educational history, medical history etc. Personal information, however, expressly excludes the name, title and business contact of the organization that an individual may be employed with.
In this privacy statement, we refer to the individuals whose certification records we maintain as “Members” or “Workers” and refers to those organizations that are associated with an individual Member for the purpose of accessing their skills and certifications. “Employers” are those organizations that authenticate the member and validate certifications. “Trainers” are the organizations that can perform training and issue certifications.
Who We Are?
workXid® is a Business Ecosystem that enables participating organizations to maintain common records of identification and training certification in a manner that maintains industry records integrity. Our Workforce Identity Services Ecosystem (WISE) promotes a shared workforce management environment that enables a network of organizations – including workers, employers, trade unions, training agencies, associations, and industry regulators to participate in the exchange of information supporting:
- Issuance of an industry photo ID card, with worker occupation and title (virtual, plastic or paper);
- A process to allow the worker to upload and manage their personal profile and proofs of skills and training certifications (an organization administrator can only validate certifications);
- An optional encrypted Emergency Medical Profile (fully worker-managed, access restricted and systems audited);
- A process to allow the worker to temporarily share their active certificate profile with a non workXid registered organization;
- An organization process to authenticate workers during employment onboarding;
- An organization process to validate a worker’s submitted certifications;
- Automated periodic notification of expiring certifications;
- Audited access to a worker’s training records or any other credentials supporting requisite skills compliance by Industry and Occupation (supporting National Occupational Classification coding);
- Realtime requisite credential checks during job assignment or site visitation;
- A process to automate worker attendance and perform screening with the use of our OnSite kiosk app (site check-in and out by location);
- Organization restricted Team messaging and collaboration; and
- Provision to allow Trainers to issue digitally signed training certificates to active registered workXid members.
What information do we collect?
When ordering or subscribing to our services, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number and upload a personal photo (to support the creation of your workXid photo identification) — when appropriate. Additionally, we collect information when you update your member profile, upload certificates or use your workXid ID card.
For what purpose do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our web site. We continually strive to improve our web site and service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to respond to your customer service requests more effectively and meet your needs.
- To process transactions. Your information—whether public or private—will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic and systems notification emails. The email address you provide for membership processing will only be used to send you information and system notifications pertaining to your subscribed services.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older.
Your rights to your personal information
If you wish to modify or delete any personal information maintained by workXid, you may do so by modifying your profile or contacting us at email@example.com. Certification integrity remains a key feature of workXid. You cannot modify any validated certifications yourself. While employed, your organization administrator can modify and validate any active certifications associated with your profile. If there is anything erroneous or inaccurate, or if you wish to delete your records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Making any corrections will require communicating with the relevant issuing organization.
How to Contact Us Regarding Privacy
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or would like to contact us regarding your personal information, you can contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
If, to the extent required by law or otherwise, we notify you that the security of the information you submit has been compromised, you agree that we may give you such notice by email instead of regular mail.
Feedback & Information
XIDCORP LIMITED o/a WORKXID
9-309 75 First Street,
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada L9W 5B6
Last updated: Mar 03, 2021
workXid® is a registered trademark of Xidcorp Limited.